You’ve written your book you’ve found a publishing platform and you’ve decided on an illustrator.
We want to be your partner and make this part of the process as easy and fun as possible for you. This is where you explain your ideas and concepts and then hand it over and let someone else do all of the work for you.
Whether we’ll be doing book cover illustration, interior book illustration or both for you follow the steps below.
Project Step 1: Contact Us
After you’ve checked out our illustration styles and decided that would work for your project fill out our contact form to give us the scope of your project to see if we are a good fit for you.
Project Step 2: Questionnaire
We will send you a questionnaire to fill out about your project. You will be describing the scope of your project, what illustration style you have in mind, and descriptions for your illustrations.
Project Step 3: Proposal
We will send you a proposal and quote for the illustration work that you are requesting.
Project Step 4: Contract & Payment
Once you have accepted the proposal we will send you a contract. The contract will outline a description of the scope of work that’s being done, due date, usage rights, revisions, payment and when payment is due. We will not start work on your project until your initial deposit is made. Final payment will be due at the same time artwork is delivered.
We have a 3 step payment plan:
- Payment 1: Initial payment due to start project.
- Payment 2: Second payment is due after approving the pencil sketch.
- Payment 3: Third and final payment is due when you approve full color illustration.
Project Step 5: Artwork Created
Once all the above steps are completed and we have a good understanding of your vision and your book size we get started on creating the illustrations for your project.
Video of Jason, our illustrator, doing a black and white sketch for our Dragons Don’t Wear Pants Children’s Book.
- We will do a pencil sketch without color and send to you for review to make sure we are going in the right direction.
- You will let us know of any changes. We will do two rounds of revisions. Anything after that will be billed at our hourly rate.
- Once you have approved the pencil sketch we will begin to digitize the sketch and add color.
- We start creating a digital version of the pencil sketch and add color.
- We will send you a low resolution image for your review of the color.
- You will let us know of any changes. We will do two rounds of color revisions per illustration. Anything after that will be billed at our hourly rate.
Final Illustrations for Your Book
- Once you have approved the color illustrations and send payment we will send you the final high quality resolution images.
- We are so excited to be apart of this process. Each illustration that we do is very meaningful. We know the time, the stress and the excitement involved in getting a book ready to publish.
Please stay in touch and let us know when your book is available for purchase.